Yoga is an ancient practice that joins breath, mind, body, and spirit. Yoga is for every body (not just the very flexible or advanced as some believe) and the benefits to this empowering phenomenon are endless. Below are only a few changes yoga can make in your life.
- Reduce stress and bring about peace, clarity, and body awareness
- Increase balance, strength, energy, and help to delay aging
- Detoxify your body
- Help scoliosis, migraines, arthritis, back pain, and menopause
- Lower blood pressure, help to prevent osteoporosis, slow the progression of Alzheimer’s
- Increase memory, attention, and concentration
- Reduce anger, anxiety, and depression
- Bring about a positive outlook on life and inspire you daily
Reiki is “universally guided energy”. It is a non-invasive, Japanese energy technique that helps with reducing stress. Reiki is a wonderful substitution for someone who cannot receive massage therapy due to health conditions. Reiki can also enhance your full body massage. While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not associated with any kind of religion. I encourage you to explore this subtle, yet powerful modality of Reiki on its own, or as a compliment to massage therapy. During a Reiki session, you remain fully clothed as I lay my hands over parts of the body that correspond with the 7 main chakras, or areas where there are blockages.
- Provide deep relaxation
- Help to relieve acute and chronic pain
- Ease anxiety, depression, and addiction-based illnesses
- Aid in insomnia relief
- Strengthen the body’s immune system
- Balance the body’s energy
- Increase inner peace and mental clarity
- Boost creativity
The secret art of inviting happiness,
The miraculous medicine of all diseases.
Just for today, do not anger
Just for today, do not worry, and be filled with gratitude.
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to everyone.
- The Original Reiki Ideals, Dr. Mikao Usui, Founder
Massage promotes general well-being and increased self-esteem. Massage can be a simple relaxing session, or specified approach to aid the body in healing itself.
Massage Therapy can:
- Increase circulation, joint flexibility, and range of motion
- Release toxins
- Decrease scar tissue
- Increase muscle and skin tone
- Relieve migraine pain
- Decrease inflammation
- Relieve musculoskeletal problems and improve posture
- Help athletes prepare for, or recover from strenuous workouts
- Relax spasms and cramping
Every body is unique, and I listen to and cater to the specific needs that will help bring you to your highest and best, both physically and mentally. Please check out my story, the services that I offer, and upcoming classes.
Oakland and San Francisco Reiki Master Teacher and Licensed Massage Therapist, NCBTMB, Registered Yoga Instructor